SR. ANALYST, COMMERCIAL STRATEGY
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Chicago, IL
Sr. Analyst, Commercial Strategy
This position will report to the Manager, Commercial Strategy with significant exposure to the Sr. Director, Commercial Strategy. The role will drive our focus primarily on supporting the EDGE program, Beam Suntory’s go-to-market strategy in the US, as well as ad hoc commercial strategy initiatives.
This is a Great Opportunity because:
- The role will support the high-impact, high-profile EDGE program, with significant exposure to both leadership and other commercial functions.
- The individual will produce analyses that will inform important business decisions related to how we go to market.
- Due to the heavy cross-functional nature of the role, development opportunities will arise from a variety of functions within the Beam Suntory organization (sales, brand marketing, field/commercial marketing, other strategy groups).
- Lead analysis of EDGE performance
- Evaluate current resources and identify performance drivers to ensure resource optimization
- Summarize data-centric insights for executive-level audience
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support the ongoing management of the EDGE program
- Work with local sales teams and Commercial Planning to set financial targets and KPI goals
- Track personnel movement and experience with HR
- Determine and track budgets with Finance
- Develop enhanced training & development resources with Commercial Marketing
- Support the implementation of additional EDGE resources
- Utilize data-driven analysis to determine resource allocation
- Conduct detailed reviews of account lists
- Summarize key considerations for leadership review and approval
- Develop detailed workplans to ensure effective project management
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to provide commercial insights to field, brand teams, and corporate development team (e.g., target account lists for new innovations/pilots, business case assumptions for M&A opportunities, etc.)
Qualifications & Experience
- Education- Bachelors degree with concentration in business (finance, accounting)
- Years of experience- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy role
- Level of experience- Strong analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Strong interpersonal skills
- Industry experience- Preferred but not required
- Travel 10-15%
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.