SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Toronto, ON
Senior Business Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst’s mission will be to oversee the month-end management reporting close process to ensure accurate financial reporting, and coordinate and oversee the national pricing administration and pricing processes to achieve pricing and revenue management objectives. Additionally to act as a sought after and value-adding business partner to the Sales organization helping to make key business decisions through analyses and insights.
This is a Great Opportunity because:
Interaction across several different functional areas providing a varied learning experience and a wide variety of rewarding challenges
Ability to gain a high level of visibility within the Canadian business and the opportunity to have a significant impact on financial and business goals
Develop a strong skillset as a business partner to the Sales team helping to make key business decisions
Management of Month End Close:
- Oversee the month end management reporting close process, including the communication of required deliverables and timelines to the Canadian business, preparing necessary monthly journal entries, and managing the Trade Promotion system and process to ensure the accurate reporting of A&P expenses.
- Maintain and manage the monthly reconciliation of applicable GL accounts.
- Coordinate with Global Business Services to ensure the timely and accurate calculation and posting of sales commissions and 3rd Party A&P rebilling.
National Pricing Administration & Coordination
- Oversee the pricing processes including annual brand pricing strategies, hosting monthly pricing meetings to track adherence to pricing strategies and overseeing price change analyses.
- Act as the primary contact for all pricing inquiries and price quote requests, responding to inquiries in a timely manner to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the maintenance and compilation of the National pricing template, providing guidance for the update of Provincial pricing, and supporting the National revenue maximization objective.
Business Partnering to Sales
- Deliver outstanding business partnering to the Sales organization, providing key decision support analysis and exercising influence on business decisions.
- Provide financial and business education, training, tools, and templates to the Sales teams with the goal of improving the teams’ overall business and financial acumen.
- Play a key financial role in the analysis of strategic projects including innovation assessment, price and promotional effectiveness, and various commercial projects and market opportunities.
- Action additional Finance related ad hoc requests as and when necessary
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree with a focus in business or finance required.
- 3-5 years of financial analysis or related experience with a focus on financial accounting, reporting and analysis.
- Holds or is actively working towards a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA).
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.