SENIOR ANALYST - COMMERCIAL STRATEGY
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Chicago, IL
Senior Analyst – Commercial Strategy
This position will report to the Manager, Commercial Strategy with significant exposure to the Sr. Director, Commercial Strategy. The role will focus primarily on developing Beam Suntory’s go-to-market strategy in the U.S., assessing organizational effectiveness across commercial functions, standardizing best practices across the commercial organization and executing ad hoc commercial strategy initiatives.
This is a Great Opportunity because:
- The role will support high-impact, high-profile projects that are top of mind for Beam Suntory Leadership; this individual will have significant exposure to executive leadership, other commercial functions, finance, other strategy groups and brand / field / commercial marketing.
- This individual’s analysis will directly inform how we go to market, with meaningful and timely implementation of the Senior Analyst and Manager recommendations.
- Due to the heavy cross-functional nature of the role and breadth of projects, this individual will develop a broad business / commercial acumen in strategy, sales, finance, marketing, etc.
- Develop Beam Suntory’s go-to-market strategy in the U.S.
- Identify commercial drivers of our business, data-driven expectations for how they will change going forward, and implications on the business
- Develop channel level forecasts and supporting commercial strategy that will drive executive leadership’s growth objectives
- Conduct analysis and develop recommendations for effectiveness of our market execution strategies (e.g., focus on distribution vs. velocity)
- Develop commercial explanation of findings from projects conducted outside of the commercial team (e.g., financial performance, inventory levels, etc.)
- Prepare materials for and run meetings with cross-functional teams tasked to implement the strategies we’ve developed
- Assess organizational effectiveness across commercial functions
- Conduct interviews and develop materials for workshops with cross-functional teams to evaluate capability / resource gaps
- Identify performance drivers to ensure resource optimization
- Determine proper balance of account and NSV allocation to sales resources
- Conduct analysis that drives “out of the box” solutions for resource / capability gaps
- Determine ROI for suggestions to be presented to executive-level audience
- Standardize best practices across the commercial organization
- Conduct interviews with State Managers and National Accounts teams to understand best practices across top performing markets / customer teams and socialize across organization
- Work with Commercial IT to develop and socialize best use cases for key sales tools across the organization
- Execute ad hoc commercial strategy initiatives – This team is the one-stop-shop for developing Beam Suntory’s commercial strategy, meaning new / interesting projects are constantly surfacing!
Qualifications & Experience
- Education - Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business (Finance, Accounting)
- Years of experience - Minimum 2-3 years of experience in management consulting / investment banking, or minimum 3-4 years of experience in a corporate strategy role
- Level of experience:
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to develop methodologies and execute analysis independently
- Ability to quickly adapt and execute feedback
- Ability to identify interesting findings within analysis and develop recommendations to redirect project focus, as needed
- Financial modeling capabilities – Understanding of basic financial principles to develop business case for recommendations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead structured meetings based on findings
- Ability to clearly / concisely synthesize findings in written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Industry experience- Preferred but not required
- Travel <10%
Additional qualifications desired:
- Strong analytical curiosity – This person is passionate about digging into data and finding the answer to obscure problems!
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.