Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Calgary, AB
3 to 6-month contract – possible longer term.
Alberta Distillers Limited – Calgary, AB
At Alberta Distillers, a subsidiary of Beam Suntory, we’re proud of our people, products and heritage. Our success and the quality of our brands are attributed to the talent of our people. We are committed to crafting spirits with the best quality, in the most effective, efficient, environmentally sound and safe manner possible.
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the key responsibilities of this position are to complete various accounting procedures for financial reporting requirements on production plants and run month end close in SAP. Ensure that all distillery activities are accurately reflected in the SAP standards.
- Daily Process order verification
- Weekly KPI reporting along with monthly CRA stat filings
- Analysis/reconciliations of all inventory amounts and other Balance Sheet accounts at month end
- Complete analysis of all variances to standard costs
- Assist with plant budget preparation
- Reporting to external parties (i.e. Excise Canada)
- Provide statistical information of month end reporting
- Assist with activity rate development for various manufacturing departments.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Monthly reporting on all capital projects and forecast spend.
- Physical counts of various assets.
- Strong Excel and SAP experience
- Preferred costing or manufacturing experience
- Extensive Reconciliation experience
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Completed or enrolled in a recognized accounting program.
Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Note: Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal records background check
Qualified candidates should submit their resume with cover letter, stating salary expectations by
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.