MANAGER ENGINEERING, MAINTENANCE AND PLANT SERVICES
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in [[filter7]] , [[filter2]] .
At Alberta Distillers, a subsidiary of Beam Suntory Inc., we’re proud of our people, products and heritage. Our success and the quality of our brands are attributed to the talent of our people. We are committed to crafting the spirits with the best quality, and in the most effective, efficient, environmentally sound and safe manner possible.
Reporting to the Plant General Manager, the key accountabilities of the Engineering, Maintenance and Plant Services Manager is designs, specifies, bids, schedules and supervises standard of work and services performed on the plant by professional engineering and maintenance personnel. Manages and prepares budget for relevant areas. Oversee energy contracts, usage and conservation efforts at ADL in accordance with the Beam Suntory IMS Policy to achieve the goals and objectives as set out by senior management. Develops and oversees capital projects for the Plant. Works with Beam Suntory Corporate teams to deliver corporate objectives.
Designs and direct activities of engineering and maintenance with emphasis on providing maximum service in terms of capital, maintenance, utilities and continuous improvement:
- Accountable for Maintenance, Engineering and Power Plant Personnel (approximately 5 Salary Direct Reports and 20 Hourly Tradesmen)
- Builds and manages budgets for Engineering, Maintenance and Power Plant
- Ensures Maintenance work flow Design, specify, bid, schedule and supervise capital projects and major maintenance work (SAP work flow system)
- Participates on Plant Senior Team and confers with departments to service their needs
- Accountable for safety performance in relevant departments and responds to safety and environmental issues plant wide.
- Accountable for Team Performance and efficiency
- Provides technical support to all plant areas. Initiate, study and investigate engineering proposals and other continual improvement opportunities. Liases with external expertise on improvement initiatives.
- Participate and assist in maintaining plant Standards - HACCP, ISO and 5S initiatives
- Support IT Service Model
- Applies Lean Management principles to drive and monitor performance. Includes KPIs, root cause problem solving (RCPS), 5S, Standard Work techniques to help with operational improvements.
Qualifications & Capabilities Required:
- Professional engineer, registered with APEGGA, to a minimum of Bachelor of Engineering (mechanical, chemical, process)
- 5-7 years process plant project experience
- Familiar with current codes of practice (i.e. safety, environmental, ASME, etc.)
- Experience in maintenance operations including application of preventative maintenance techniques (i.e. vibration analysis, lubrication predictive and advanced diagnostic)
- Computer literate – preference to Microsoft Office, A-B PLC programming software and AUTOCAD
- Leadership role with strong experience managing maintenance Departments and Personnel
- Experience leading Unionized Trades, contract negotiations an asset
- A vision for Maintenance and has knowledge of successful Preventative Maintenance programs
- Change manager who utilizes Lean Management techniques and has experience in their implementation
- Experience in the consumer goods industry - beverage industry, brewing, alcohol based other assembly or batch processes an asset
- Familiarity with any of the following an asset: HACCP, GMP, ISO standards
- Automation experience
- Application of Maintenance software such as SAP Work Flow
- Basic power plant knowledge
- Strong leader who is a driver of change
- Is a leader of site safety and able to dialogue with trades regarding safety expectations
- Experience in management of capital projects and contractor management
- Highly organized, able to prioritize activities independently and able to communicate effectively to varied audiences (corporate, colleagues and tradesmen)
- Action oriented, sound Decision Make
- Acts as a Leader to direct and indirect teams providing mentorship and coaching.
Compliance with standard operating procedures, legal and other requirements including health and safety, fire protection, environmental, quality, security and continuous improvement programs is a requirement of the job.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume with cover letter, stating salary expectations.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.