Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Frankfort, KY
This position is responsible for leading efforts to ensure asset reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, controls, and safety systems. Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect business operations using data and/or other reliability tools (FMEA). This broad primary role includes loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management.
- Overhauls, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs plant operations equipment, which includes but is not limited to high speed bottling equipment, conveyors, pumps, gearboxes and fans.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on plant machinery.
- Locates root sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Read blueprints, control system drawings and repair manuals.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all plant procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Follows all Food Safety, 5S and ISO guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and other key personnel by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Uses the plant Computer Maintenance Management System (SAP) to add, retrieve and close out completed work orders.
- Others duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Successful completion of Standard Timing Model (STM) testing at a score of at least 60
- Successful completion of the Bennett Mechanical test at a score of at least 75
- Must have a minimum of an Associates’ degree in Industrial Maintenance with emphasis on Mechanical Maintenance or Engineering. May also accept documented classroom and hands on equivalent Military mechanical maintenance training/education and experience or Licensed Journeyman-level Millwright / Machinist or successful completion of state certified apprenticeship program for equivalent relative craft.
- Successfully demonstrate proficiency by passing a written or electronic mechanical skills knowledge test (Ramsay MecTest with a score of at least 70%).
- Have an average to above average work record, i.e., job performance, safety, attendance, etc.
- Successfully demonstrate their proficiency by passing a battery of testing and a written mechanical skills test and demonstration of skills through a practical “hands on” test.
- Complete a 90-day training program and be able to successfully demonstrate their proficiency through written and practical examination.
- Be able to physically perform all aspects of the position, including being able to physically lift 45 pounds on a frequent basis and 60 pounds occasionally.
- Successful candidate will be required to continue their vocational education as determined by the company and able / willing to travel.
- Will perform back up duties for other Bottling classifications.
- Be able to work any shift.
- Be able to read English with understanding.
- Display a teamwork attitude.
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.