Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Frankfort, KY
The Industrial Engineer will provide critical thinking, in depth data analysis and work place solutions. The role will develop and execute capital and ongoing projects supporting processes, bottling lines, utilities, etc. to promote operating efficiency improvements, design, implement and fine tune processing, batching, bottling, and packaging operations. The Industrial Engineer will work with vendors to identify new or enhancements to existing facility equipment considering scope, need, volume and future state. The Industrial Engineer will also develop and evaluate new and existing processes and systems to efficiently use people, information, materials, and equipment.
This is a Great Opportunity because:
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into one of the world's leading premium spirits companies where each employee is trusted with a legacy. With our greatest assets – our brands and our people – we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Design, analyze, and manage complex human-integrated systems such as manufacturing systems, supply chain networks, and service systems
- Develop and evaluate new and existing processes and systems to efficiently use people, information, materials, and equipment to provide maximum efficiency, effectiveness, throughput and safety
- Analyze problem process constraints and conduct equipment cycle time analysis
- Recommend most efficient distribution of manpower, plant methods, and standards
- Review and propose changes in plant layout, processes, material handling and standards
- Provide analysis based on data driven decision making, including effective collection and monitoring of metrics used to assess, prioritize and select improvement projects.
- Establish accurate labor standards using work samplings and time and motion studies
- Develop cost saving project proposals
- Confers with management, engineering, R&D, and others regarding manufacturing capabilities, productions schedules, product design and tooling, routings to handle discrepant material and returned products (RMAs)
- Promotes and adheres to ISO, HACCP and 5S standards and continuous improvement initiatives
- Seek out continuing education to stay abreast of current and future engineering and manufacturing technologies
- Accept other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in production management, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field, M.S. a plus
- Strong management and leadership experience/skills required
- Ability to work independently to develop project scopes, schedule meetings, coordinate contractors, outlook progress and modify actions as necessary to maintain schedules, track spending and expenditures and perform all other activities necessary for proper project management.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Certifications/Licensure: Green Belt Certification/Black Belt preferred
- Proven Root Cause Problem Solving skills using 5 Why, DMAIC, Fishbone, 5S, Collecting & Analyzing data
- Technical problem solving skills
- ISO, HACCP, and Continuous Improvement experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of SAP, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong working knowledge of packaging materials and related packing equipment preferred
- Education- Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field from an accredited Engineering College. M.S. a plus.
- Industry experience- Supervisory experience, preferable in a unionized environment.
- Travel - 5%
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.