HSE COORDINATOR - MATERNITY LEAVE CONTRACT
At Alberta Distillers Limited, a Beam Suntory Company, we are proud of our people, products and heritage. Our success and the quality of our brands are attributed to the talent of our people.
Our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Department is currently seeking an energetic and dynamic individual with proven capability in HSE for their Calgary, Alberta plant.
This position will support the HSE Manager in an administrative capacity. As the HSE Coordinator you will maintain/develop the HSE program to ensure a high level of standards and practices are met. This includes, but is not limited to HSE documentation, incident/accident investigations, audits and training while playing an active role in continuous improvement activities.
HSE Coordinator - Maternity Leave Contract
- Act as an HSE leader by promoting the HSE management system and positive HSE behaviours
- Provide support and back up to HSE Manager
- Research, develop and train safe work practices and procedures to meet HSE legislation, industry and ISO/COR requirements
- Develop and update HSE documentation (e.g.: JHA, LOTO, Confined Space, Environmental Aspects/Impacts)
- Participate / conduct inspections, accident/incident investigations and reporting, formal risk/hazard assessments and HSE audits (ISO, COR, rail safety, compliance)
- Develop and deliver safety training/awareness initiatives
- Administration of the HSE program in accordance with Alberta OHS and Environmental legislation, industry standards and changing business needs
- Participate / facilitate safety committee and general safety meetings
- Develop and coordinate emergency preparedness program
- Assist with WCB reporting, injury / claims management, transport to medical clinics for acute injury care and follow-up assessments
- Complete regular HSE reporting and annual environmental compliance reporting
- Organize hazardous waste disposal and reporting
- Administration of web-based safety data sheet program and web-based contractor management program
- Work effectively in a team and cross-functional environment as well as complete projects independently
Qualifications & Capabilities Required:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of health and safety experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Management
- Knowledge of OHS, Alberta Environment, COR and ISO/OHSAS program requirements
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate and promote HSE awareness to employees and management
- COR / ISO auditor certification
- Valid first aid certificate
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license / abstract
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
Compliance with standard operating procedures, legal and other requirements including health and safety, fire protection, environmental, quality, security and continuous improvement programs is a requirement of the job.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume with cover letter, stating salary expectations.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.