Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Chicago, IL
PURPOSE & SCOPE OF ROLE:
The primary objective of this role is to provide administrative, organizational and logistics support for the General Counsel and corporate Legal team. The position requires a person who can prepare and handle sensitive and confidential information with maximum discretion and diplomacy. Candidates must possess considerable initiative, independent judgment, a capability to manage multiple priorities, strong attention to detail. The position also requires a person who has a highly developed customer service orientation and a proven ability to work across a global multi-cultural diverse organization with the ability to effectively interact at all organizational levels including C-suite and Board of Directors levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare correspondence and draft documents for review by attorneys and other professionals.
- In collaboration with other team members seek to upgrade the department’s filing and document management processes and system.
- Assist with managing Corporate Entities, Resolutions, Minute Books and other general corporate governance matters.
- Adeptly handle schedules, including meetings and conference calls coordination; coordinate and accurately maintain calendars, updating continually to ensure that all meetings, calls and commitments are current.
- Manage all aspects of travel arrangements for the General Counsel and Legal department, including international travel and visa applications, coordinating closely with the travel department/Concur, as needed and preparing related expense reports.
- Demonstrate teamwork with other administrative professionals inside and outside the Legal Department in addressing issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Help as necessary with the preparation for and coordination of the Beam Suntory Board meetings. Follow through with all details of meetings as requested.
- Adeptly plan and handle all logistics for on/offsite Legal Department meetings as required, including securing transportation, hotel reservations, meeting space (if needed), all food and beverage, AV needs and assist with arranging market visits (if needed). Travel to offsite meetings as requested.
- Assist in preparing presentation materials using PowerPoint, where required and under direction of the General Counsel and other team members.
- Perform related duties as assigned which include, but is not limited to, timely and accurate expense reporting processing; budget preparation; preparing purchase requisitions; ordering products and services; and ordering department office supplies.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school graduate required (Bachelor’s degree or business school courses preferred)
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years of previous administrative assistant experience required, preferably at a large law firm or corporate legal department
- Thorough knowledge of executive administrative procedures; strong verbal communications skills; excellent grammar, and other business English and written/composition skills
- Top-notch computer experience including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Must be flexible when plans change and needs to adapt to those changes.
- Must have great attention to detail; unquestioned capability to maintain confidentiality; a demonstrated ability to effectively interact at all organizational levels including C-Suite executives, global leaders and Board of Directors; strong communication skills; an intense customer service and people orientation, and a demonstrated team player
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.