At Alberta Distillers Limited, a Beam Suntory Company, we’re proud of our people, products and heritage. Our success and the quality of our brands are attributed to the talent of our people.
Our Supply Chain Group is currently seeking an energetic and dynamic individual with proven capability as a Buyer located in their Calgary, Alberta plant.
The Buyer position will be responsible for the procurement functions of all products within assigned vendors and/or categories. This includes the purchase of goods and services, vendor negotiations, evaluation of proposals, tracking and following up on orders through delivery. Maintains communication with requisitioning departments regarding status of orders. Actively monitors, communicates and ensures compliance with Beam Suntory Purchasing Policies. Participates in strategic sourcing and continuous improvement activities. This role will interface with Quality Assurance, Accounts Payable, Receiving and Maintenance and will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Materials Planning and Purchasing of Plant Supplies
- Issues requests for quotations, review and negotiate prices with suppliers
- Prepares and issues Purchase Orders (SAP); expedite orders, and communicate delivery status to requester
- Manages and sources various products and commodities with responsibility for developing and issuing requests for proposal, supplier selection recommendations, and developing supplier partnerships
- Execute timely material releases for production requirements
- Forecasting and planning of required materials for plant production
- Contributes to the development of purchasing strategies
- Coordination of material complaints/vendor claims with Quality Assurance
- Identification of cost savings opportunities (Pareto analysis); contributes to the Department and Corporate cost savings objectives
- Actively participates in Continuance Improvement projects and
- Data entry and completion of required customs and excise documents, and billing
- Maintain a customer-focus while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Involvement in site wide LEAN initiatives
- Assist and provide back up support to Senior Buyer in all Procurement related functions
- Post - Secondary education; with 2 to 3 years Purchasing experience
- Proficient in SAP – ERP systems
- Supply Chain/PMAC certification an asset
- Strong business acumen
- Perform well in a dynamic change environment and manage conflicting priorities while multi-tasking
- Must be self-motivated, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to clearly present findings and ideas
- Demonstrate the skill and ability to perform complex tasks
- Excellent follow through on projects and issues
- Be highly detailed, and possess excellent problem resolution skills
- Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching,
- Role will require that PPE be worn when on plant site.
Compliance with standard operating procedures, legal and other requirements including health and safety, fire protection, environmental, quality, security and continuous improvement programs is a requirement of the job.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume with cover letter, stating salary expectations.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.