BOTTLING EQUIPMENT OWNER - FRANKFORT KY
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Frankfort, KY
Bottling Equipment Owner - 2nd Shift
- Maintain a consistent flow of bottles through the case packer, de-palletizer, labeler, or other production equipment. This includes operation of the equipment; perform equipment changes and adjustments; trouble-shoot equipment and clear obstructions in the event of a jam; identification of defective raw material; loading material as appropriate; and overall equipment maintenance.
- Inspection and documentation of end of line package quality standards, maintaining quality standards for shipment.
- Maintain adherence to production scheduling and departmental / equipment cleanliness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows job safety and environmental requirements and communicates concerns to immediate supervisor.
- Follow all Food Safety, 5S and ISO guidelines, policies and procedures.
This is a Great Opportunity because:
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into one of the world's leading premium spirits companies where each employee is trusted with a legacy. With our greatest assets – our brands and our people – we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
Production, Quality & Sanitation
Coordinate and ensure production equipment is ready for production
Perform data entry in the appropriate system
Coordinate end of production run duties
Perform daily safety, quality, and productivity checks and audits of equipment
React to equipment conditions that force a cleaning situation
Assist other crew members in staging for upcoming runs/batches
Clean and sanitize production equipment and areas in a timely manner
Make necessary preparations for the next cleaning/maintenance phase
Monitor/control equipment, ensuring all quality attributes are being met; inspects for deviations while reacting to same; and maintains accurate documentation
Adjust, lube, clean, and inspect equipment for maintenance activities
Perform minor maintenance, preventative maintenance, and assist maintenance on equipment rebuilds and replacements
Checks parts out of and returns to stockroom utilizing SAP to ensure stockroom inventory accountability, write work requests, and enter equipment data as needed
Conduct first level trouble shooting, coordinate/partner with other maintenance to diagnose and solve mechanical and electrical issues
Performs daily safety check of the assigned Forklift in accordance with company policy, if assigned to Forklift
Utilize problem solving and Lean methodologies to identify and prevent potential problems and implement improvements
Prepare, write and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and other technical documentation as needed
Support integration of new methods or technology being installed
Train and support other employees on quality standards, maintenance issues, safety improvements and area improvements
Assist crew members in problem solving concerning, safety, quality and productivity
Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- At a minimum, two-three (2-3) years documented work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, write and comprehend English as it relates to job tasks
- Plan, organize, and schedule work independently
- Knowledge of GMP’s, safety standards, quality standards and demonstrated ability to react and communicate effectively to issues
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical processes
- Ability to operate and perform tasks on a personal computer, programs and data entry
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with internal and external team members and to train and coach others as necessary
- Ability to read and use instrumentation (temperature, pressure, proofs, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to use tools including precision, hand, and powered
- Ability to be LOTO certified and forklift certified
- Ability to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
- Regular attendance to ensure production requirements are met
- Excellent attention to detail
- Education- Have a high school education or equivalent.
- Years of experience- Have two years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a team environment.
Position works in a manufacturing environment. Job incumbent must be able to work in areas that are hot or cold, surfaces may be slippery, climb ladders/stairs, or work in tight quarters
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus
The work environment is a production facility with moderate noise levels
Ability to respond to alarms and signals
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.