Deerfield, IL – Beam Suntory has been awarded multiple medals at the 2016 San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC), one of the most respected and influential spirits competitions in the world. Across its brand portfolio, Beam Suntory took home nearly 40 medals, including eight Double Gold, 10 Gold, 15 Silver and “Best Anejo” Tequila, reinforcing its passion for quality and position as an industry leader across multiple spirits categories.
“We are proud our brands earned such a strong range of impressive accolades at this year’s competition, which is a true testament to the craftsmanship of our distillers and blenders and the quality of the liquids they produce,” said Matt Shattock, Chairman and CEO of Beam Suntory.
More than 1,800 spirits were judged as part of the 2016 SFWSC, which is considered one of the world’s most prestigious tasting competitions.
Beam Suntory’s Double Gold wins at the 2016 San Francisco World Spirits Competition include: Hibiki® Japanese Harmony™ Whisky; Hakushu® 12 Year Old Single Malt Whisky; Hakushu® 18 Year Old Single Malt Whisky; Knob Creek® Bourbon; Laphroaig® 10 Year Old Scotch Whisky; Auchentoshan® Three Wood® Whisky; El Tesoro® Anejo Tequila; and Alberta® Pure Vodka. Top Gold medal recipients include: Yamazaki® Sherry Cask 2016 Whisky; Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey; Courvoisier® Cognac VSOP; Auchentoshan® 12 Year Old Scotch Whisky; Bowmore® 15 Year Old Whisky; Canadian Club® Chairman's Select™ 100% Rye Whisky; and Cruzan® Estate Diamond® Dark Rum.
Beam Suntory’s impressive honors at the 2016 SFWSC add to key wins at several additional competitions. These recent accolades include:
· “World’s Best Blended Whisky” for Hibiki® 21 Year Old Whisky and “World’s Best Flavoured Whisky” for Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon at the 2016 World Whiskies Awards;
· “Best of Show” for Jim Beam® Single Barrel Bourbon and Double Gold for Jim Beam Black® Bourbon at the 2016 North American Bourbon and Whiskey Competition;
· Gold for Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila at the Bar Business Spirits Competition;
· “Highly Recommended” for EFFEN® Cucumber Vodka at the Beverage Testing Institute’s International Review of Spirits; and
· Gold for both Laphroaig® 10 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky and Cruzan® Estate Diamond® Dark Rum at the 2016 Denver International Spirits Competition.
About Beam Suntory Inc.
As the world’s third largest premium spirits company, Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits Brands that Stir the World. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company’s brands, including the iconic Jim Beam and Maker’s Mark bourbon brands and Suntory whisky Kakubin, as well as world renowned premium brands including Knob Creek bourbon, Yamazaki, Hakushu and Hibiki Japanese whiskies, Teacher’s, Laphroaig, and Bowmore Scotch whiskies, Canadian Club whisky, Courvoisier cognac, Sauza tequila, Pinnacle vodka, and Midori liqueur.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and commitment to Growing for Good. Headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan. For more information on Beam Suntory, its brands, and its commitment to social responsibility, please visit www.beamsuntory.com and www.drinksmart.com.